We have been selected as the chosen developer for the land on the site of the former magistrates’ court and police station, car parks and disused land.
We hope to bring to the local community an exciting development of new homes as well as retail space and retirement living.
Any comments received will be used to help shape the final proposals before we submit our planning application to the local council.
Overview of the Plans
- We are working with Christchurch-based Aspire Architects to develop our plans for this site. The scheme will be a traditional style of architecture using materials such as brick and render whilst taking inspiration from local buildings.
- The site was identified for redevelopment over a decade ago by Christchurch Borough Council as it provides a strong gateway to the town centre
- Our proposed retail space will give the Christchurch shopping area a boost and provide a frontage more in keeping with the site’s prominent location.
- Our early proposals include approximately 100 new homes for Christchurch in a range of different home types and tenures, including affordable homes in compliance with local policy. This will allow more local families to secure affordable homes in the area they love.
- We have been working with Christchurch Borough Council to ensure our plans meet the needs of the local community, as well as Dorset County Council, Dorset Police and the Hospital of St Mary Magdalen Trust.
- The site is inherently sustainable in transport and access terms given its proximity to Christchurch Town Centre, its various services and facilities, and to a range of public transport links including the railway station as well as bus services.